Franny writes: Hi Outblush! I love you, your site, and all your editors. You people are my favorite. So... I'm looking for eyeshadow in a stick or liquid form. I want it to have an applicator. It could either be a chubby pencil of some kind or in a tube with a wand. I want something that can double as an eyeshadow base. I want it in a beige or pale pinkish color. This is for daytime, so not sparkly, but a little shimmery is OK. I don't want to have to touch it with my fingers or use a brush of any kind. I was using MAC Shadestick in Shimmersand, but I'm not happy with it because it looks dry and cakey. I want something I can use to even out my eyelid skin and add some oomph to my eyes, then put on mascara and be done with eye makeup. Love and kisses...
How do I always end up with your requests, Franny? It's as if we should meet in real life and just exchange numbers over wine and cheese. Anywho, found some good alternatives to your failing ole faithful. And each of these options actually has a few colors that would work for your daily wear needs. Some are shinier than others so when you are investigating these choices make sure to read the fine print (specifically the NARS and Tarte selections). Feel free to call on us anytime again. Who knows, maybe you have some bizarre cat embellished top you need us to find! -Magzilla
1. Tarte Lock & Roll 12-Hour Eyeshadow ($17) in Rosegold or Sandstone
2. Laura Geller Wonder Wand Eye Brightener Powder ($19)
3. Laura Mercier Eye Basics ($24) in Buff, Linen, Cotton or Flax
4. Stila Convertible Eye Color ($22) in Berry or Stone
5. Miljo i-LiTES Eye Shadow Pencil ($8) in Milan
6. NARS 'Soft Touch' Shadow Pencil ($24) in Goddess
7. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Shadow Pencil ($20) in Midnight Cowboy or Sin
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!