Monica writes: "I'm going through a bad break up and can't sleep very long at any given point plus I work night shift at the hospital so I'm sleep deprived already. I'm desperate for an eye cream that will get rid of the black bags under my eyes. I'd like to at least be able to look like I feel great, or look like the 24 I am and not 50. Suggestions? Please and thank you!"
Hey Monica! I feel your pain on the puffiness and dark circles - we've all been there. Luckily there are more than a few fronts on which to attack the problem. I've given you an arsenal here that should cover all your bases, and have you back to looking your best.
1. Lipton Tea Bags ($3). It sounds loopy, I know - but caffeine, topically applied, has been shown to draw water away from your skin, reducing puffiness. Try resting a couple of wet tea bags on your eyes for five minutes. Or there's
2. Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream ($19), if the whole tea-on-your-face thing weirds you out too much.
3. Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel ($6) is a natural astringent which tightens skin. Try resting soaked pads on your lids to reduce puffiness. If natural remedies aren't your bag, try
4. Sephora Collection Instant Depuffing Eye Mask ($6),
5. Clinique All About Eyes Rich ($42), or
6. Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller ($12). Even the best remedies aren't instant, though, which means you may want to disguise the problem in the meantime. Use one of these concealers:
7. It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye ($24),
8. Tarina Tarantino Eye Dream Hyperlight Duo ($30), or
9. Lancôme Effacernes Waterproof Protective Undereye Concealer ($30). Finally, the best solution is obviously better sleep.
10. MyMiraclePillow ($80) is designed to help promote a good night's rest. But even if that's beyond your reach, adding some extra elevation while you're in bed will lessen the chances of blood pooling beneath your eyes.
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
Crazy Jane here: I'm a New England girl with couture tastes and a Salvation Army budget who usually ends up wearing flannel. My shopping forte: finding the impossible dream. Throw your tough stuff at me and let me go bloodhound on it. When not playing on Outblush, I'm probably yelling at my cats, getting a backrub from my hot teacher husband, or trying to turn anything animal, vegetable, or mineral I can get my hands on into booze.
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.