Emily writes: "Hi ladies, This is Emily of Industrious Justice and you fabulous ladies have helped me out bunches with personal shopper requests and guest posts. (Remember my Blue Fairy dress and accessories for a Mad Men party?) Well, I'm back looking for more help! My honey and I have RSVP'd yes for back-to-back themed birthday parties and I need help with a hopefully seamless costume change. Party #1 is an afternoon nautical themed bar crawl and Party #2 is a fancy cocktail party. I would ideally like one main outfit that would work for both events with a quick change of shoes and accessories. I am a size large/12-14, size 10 shoe and I can spend anywhere between $100-$200. Thanks in advance! Emily."
Hello again Emily, I'm Found of You. Thank you for providing us with such consistently interesting, fun, and challenging Personal Shopper requests! Here are some options for a seamless transition from event to event.
1. Westward Excursion Dress in Waves ($77, on sale)
2. Warehouse Wrap Dress With Hi Lo Hem ($85)
3. Vince Camuto Bold Stripe Satin Cap Sleeve Cocktail Dress ($70)
...and choose some decidedly nautical accessories...
4. Sterling Silver Sideways Anchor Necklace ($34)
5. Bay There Scarf ($10, sailboat print!)
6. My Pet Octopus Ring ($8)
7. Large and Dramatic REED & BARTON Sea Gull Necklace ($15)
8. Porthole Pendant Nautical Necklace ($32)
9. Steve Madden Shoes Manngo Wedge Espadrille ($59)
10. Sperry Top-Sider Angelfish Boat Shoe ($85)
or some accessories that could go either way...
...and some accessories to change into for the cocktail party...
14. AK Anne Klein Triple Strand Mesh Necklace ($34)
15. AK Anne Klein Union Square Enamel Hoop Earrings ($22)
16. ASOS Metal Frame Clutch Bag ($31)
17. rsvp Macall ($79)
18. Calvin Klein Diema ($98)
19. Madden Girl Tartt ($50)
...and you're dressed! You're welcome.
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
Found of You here: Rather than find you the perfect LBD, look to me for the perfect accessories! As an accessorizing whiz, I can style your "What do I wear with it?!" clothing, dig up awesome maternity and nursing clothes (I'm a Mommy!), and make your tootsies look perfect in fabulous flats (or pumps, or sandals). Oh, and if you need to give someone (ME!!) a gift, I say buy 'em food and books, and I'd love to help you find just the right stuff.