Sophia V. wrote, "Hi Outblush, I adore your blog! And I have a shopping conundrum that has been plaguing me for weeks! Pick me pick me! Here's the scoop... I'm a musician auditioning for graduate programs this month through March. And I've been so hard-pressed to find the perfect outfit for them. Auditions are fairly fancy, but definitely not long evening wear. Recently, I've been into loose-fitting short dresses. Though they can't be super short mini-dresses because I'm a pianist, and I have to sit down to play. So I don't want a dress hiking up to my waist when I sit down! But I also like more form-fitting dresses (they just can't be too tight). And I'd really like to find a dress that has an interesting pattern color or unique cut. I want to stand out from everyone else auditioning that inevitably wears black, black, and more black with black shoes. Boring! I also like longer sleeves because I often get cold when I play! I'm 5'10'', 125 pounds. Size small usually fits me because I'm thin, but I'll often size up because I'm so tall or if I want a looser fit. I've linked two dresses that I really like. The first is a little out of my price range and doesn't look like it would be fancy enough, and the second looks like it would be too short and too tight. But I love the idea of both. I'm hoping to pay less than $100 if possible. Thank you so much!"
1. Original #1: Rare Embellished Tunic ($84)
2. Original #2: Plenty by Tracy Reese Counting Angles Dress ($168)
3. New York & Company Red Label Embellished Tunic Dress ($75 on sale, 3 colors)
4. Giovanna Puff-Sleeve Dress ($45, 2 colors)
5. French Connection Fireburst Dress ($100 on sale)
6. Warehouse Lace Insert Shift Dress ($95)
7. French Connection Rockafella Dress ($80 on sale)
8. Soo Lee Black Cat Dress ($60 on sale)
9. ASOS Tailored Long Sleeve Drape Front Shift Dress ($69 on sale, 3 colors)
10. Vasia by Ulla Johnson Silky Lace Inset Dress ($88)
11. Forever21 Sheer Chiffon Dress w/ Belt ($15 on sale)
12. (Not Shown) TopShop Apricot Double Ruffle Tunic ($100)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.