Feb 14, 2011 10:20 AM
Jordan G. wrote, "Hi Janetor! Judging by your bio, you might be just the one to help us! My sister-in-law is getting married in July, and she picked these dresses for the bridesmaids to wear. Ours are actually chocolate brown, but they don't sell that color anymore. (No wonder we got these dresses for such a great price- $50!) Anyway, the Catholic cathedral she is getting married in just informed her that we need to cover our shoulders during the ceremony. We need a shawl or cardigan that could go with the chocolate brown dresses. She hasn't picked any accent colors for the wedding palette other than brown, so we are open to ideas. Help!!"
Janetor here, Jordan - thanks for the request! You could go a ton of ways with a chocolate brown dress, from ivory, gold, or white to turquoise, robin's egg blue, light green, or even purple. Enjoy the picks below, and let me know if you like any of 'em!
The Dress: JS Boutique Strapless Ruched Satin Dress
1. Elle Lurex Shrug ($30 on sale, in 2 colors)
2. Charlotte Russe Crinkle Chiffon Open Jacket ($30)
3. Soft Surroundings Cashmere Scarf ($90, in 3 colors)
4. Bernie of New York Silk Chiffon Wrap ($58, in 8 colors)
5. White House Black Market Lace Bolero ($128)
6. Alfred Sung Lace Jacket J501 ($85 on sale, in 3 colors)
7. Charlotte Russe Sequin Cardigan ($27)
8. Sung Boutique Gold Satin Bolero Jacket ($34)
9. Betsey Johnson Starburst Shrug with Chiffon Ruffles ($138, in 2 colors)
10. Elle Scalloped Shrug ($24 on sale, in 3 colors)
11. Topshop Premium Grey Chiffon Ruffle Bolero ($90)
12. IMAN Global Chic Universal Glam Radiant Ruffle Shrug Jacket ($70)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!