Jun 7, 2013 11:15 AM
Marta wrote: "I am going to a trade show in August and would love to have a few cowl neck dresses that won't break my budget. Sorta knee length or thereabouts would be good, not too particular on color, just don't want it to look dowdy. Cap or short sleeved preferrd Can you guys find some decent ones for me? Thanks!"
Good call on cowls, Marta! The silhouette is basic, but flattering to a ton of figures. I've rounded up eight dresses for you, ranging from $71 to $132, in a variety of colors and prints. Some of these may not technically be true cowl-necks, where the inner surface of the dress is folded, draped, or twisted to become the outer surface of the collar, but they're all damn cute dresses and I hope you like 'em. ;-)
1. Donna Morgan Tegan Dress ($72 on sale)
2. Evan Picone Women's Stripe Dress ($99, in two colors)
3. BCBGMAXAZRIA Alex Cowl Neck Woven Dress ($100)
4. Kenneth Cole Women's Cowl Neck Dress ($75 on sale)
5. Three Dots Pleated Cap Sleeve Cowl Dress ($71 on sale, in two colors)
6. New Hire and Higher Dress ($70)
7. Evolution by Cyrus Women's Cap Sleeve Zig Zag Belted Cowl Neck Dress ($132).
8. Colorblock Off Your Schedule Dress ($75)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
Janetor here: I may spend my days wearing yoga pants and T-shirts, chasing a frenetic toddler and two cats, but I dearly love fashion and pride myself on never paying full price for clothes, shoes, or accessories. Ping me if you're seeking out formal wear, plus-size fashions, or beauty products - or if you just want to discuss the latest season of Downton Abbey or Doctor Who over a pitcher of sangria and some nachos.