Nov 16, 2010 9:38 AM
Ashley S. wrote, "Hi! I have a really hard time finding adorable heeled shoes that don't end up killing by halfway through the day. I love color, am a size 8.5/9 and am looking for really cute, comfortable lower-heeled shoes that aren't old-fashioned looking. Help! ~ Ashley"
Speaking from experience, Ashley, no pair of high heels is going to be truly comfortable all day. Period. BUT. We highly recommend high heel comfort insoles (i.e. Dr. Scholl's For Her, available at most drugstores), and the following brands: Naturalizer & Cole Haan for Nike Air.
If any readers have suggestions for comfy, but cute, heels, let us - and Ashley! - know in the comments!
1. Cole Haan Air Miranda Pumps ($198, 9 colors)
2. Banana Republic Trysha Suede Mid-Heel Pumps ($98)
3. Naturalizer Naya Bakula Pumps ($140, 3 colors)
4. Cole Haan Air Talia Mid Pumps ($198, 7 colors)
5. Naturalizer Annabelle Mary Janes ($70 on sale, 3 colors)
6. Jessica Simpson Women's Kally Pumps ($75, 5 colors)
7. Naturalizer Boost Slingbacks ($40 on sale, 3 colors)
8. Sofft Estepa Pumps ($70, 2 colors)
9. Cole Haan Air Stephanie Pumps ($298, 5 colors)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Send us a request and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!