May 31, 2011 9:32 AM
Heather K. wrote: "Hi there, Because this seems to be Janetor's area of specialty I am dedicating this question to her. I am getting married in Palm Springs on Oct. 1st. This is a very low-key wedding around 40 people with a fiesta theme. I would like to find bridesmaid dresses around $100.00 because all of my sweet ladies are coming cross country to be with me on this special day. I really love the idea of Mexican peasant dresses but they tend to have very little shape. I am in love with this dress but it is a little on the expensive side. The gals range from big to small - one is sensitive about her arms - the other her tummy. I just would like the dresses to be very colorful and something they can wear again. :) Thanks for your help! Heather"
Hey Heather, Janetor here - thanks for the request! There are a couple routes you can take - a simpler peasant-style sundress paired with a bright, embroidered shawl (this would be a great bridesmaid's gift), or a more complex dress paired with a simple bolero jacket or shawl. That way, they can cover up where they want but still fit in with your fiesta theme. Of course, don't underestimate the power of a cute necklace or hair flower to add that Mexican flair!
1. The Original: Aida Coronado Peacock Corset Strapless Mexican Embroidered Boho Hippie Dress ($168)
2. INC International Concepts Sleeveless V-Neck Printed Empire Waist Maxi Dress ($100)
3. Calypso St Barth for Target Embroidered Ruffle Dress ($40, also in plus sizes)
4. Limited Ruffled Sides Knit Dress ($70)
5. Rare Folk Embroidered Dress ($76)
6. Old Navy Tiered-Hem Sundress ($30)
7. Arden B Embroidered Tube Dress ($49 on sale)
8. Coldwater Creek Tuck Detail Sundress ($45 on sale)
9. Charter Club Sleeveless Embroidered Neckline Dress ($69)
10. Embroidered Floral Silk Shawls ($62)
11. Mercedes Crochet Bolero ($20 on sale)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!