katie writes, " Love your site--can't tell you how many gifts (for myself or for others) I've found on here. I am starting my first grown-up job in January and would really like to ask for a chic briefcase for graduation/Christmas. I am leaning towards black, although feel free to try to persuade me otherwise! I prefer classic styles that are well-made and timeless. I would be using this for work but I don't want a super briefcase-looking briefcase if you know what I mean (not a box with a combination code and a handle, please!). I want something nice. I want something nice (>$200) but below $1000. I love labels but not very in-your-face ones (for example, I'll take the MK luggage tag off of a Michael Kor's handbag). My favorite labels are Cole Haan, Michael Kors, and Kate Spade."
Oh, Katie, you classy, huh? Basic black gets you places, but using other subdued colors as anchoring neutrals can energize your look (green is our new chocolate, just saying). And, yes, we see that you don't want a boxy briefcase that's too by the book, but #8 is so gorgeous, we couldn't leave it off the list. It has a cross body strap - carry it like a messenger for an instant update.
1. Ben Minkoff Nicky Leather Messenger ($494)
2. L.A.P.A. Classic Cognac Leather Briefcase ($895) - we personally like
3. Fontanelli Black Ostrich Stamped Calf Leather Briefcase ($635)
4. Pratesi Croco Stamped Leather Laptop Business Bag ($798)
5. Marc by Marc Jacobs Black Leather Briefcase ($445)
6. Giorgio Fedon 1919 Web Double Handle Briefcase ($398)
7. 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Messenger ($750)
8. MOLESKINE Briefcase ($130)
Cashmere: When I'm not scouring the internet for treats, I'm eating the museum world whole. I'm clutch in finding design smart home decor, artful oddities, and antique's roadshow miscellany. If you have a pet that you want to shower with gifts, call on me. Put your search for a statement piece to an end; from quirky hats to art jewelry--I'm your girl.
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.