Mar 5, 2013 11:10 AM
Betsy writes: "Hello there OB lovelies! I got married in September, and one of my fabulous bridesmaids got pregnant shortly after the wedding. I'd like to create a gift basket for her, and your post on the Spoiled Mama Bump Box Pregnancy Gift Set got me thinking: I want this basket to be mostly about HER, not the baby. Since a *few* of you OB ladies are now (or recently have been) pregnant, I thought you would give the best recommendations. So far I'm thinking the Bump Box gift set, and maybe the 9 Months Sober Maternity Tee that you also featured. I want this basket to make her feel special, and include all the best products that you found, were given, or wish you had during your pregnancies!
A little about my friend:
This is her first baby, and she is about 3 months pregnant. She tends to be a bit of an over-thinker/worrier, and works out religiously. Anything that would help pamper her, and help out with the pregnancy fun while helping her relax and soothe sore muscles would be great. She also has a wonderful sense of humor, so other funny additions like the 9 Months Sober Tee would be awesome! I'd like to keep the basket under $200."
This was a joint effort. Nearly every currently-pregnant or recently-pregnant Outblush girl threw in their Most Appreciated Shower Gift ideas. Maintaining a friendship and providing unconditional support is key, regardless of the gift. Doing things together after wee bambino pops out will mean more to her than any favors or presents.
1. Offer to Babysit ($free) Me time is key in the first few months of parenthood.
2. LUSH Hello Gorgeous Set ($40) Pro-tip: Pampering yourself helps you be a better mama. Promise.
3. Florene Humor Laundry Day Coffee Gift Basket ($45) Do her laundry for her, but share a cup of coffee while doing it. She'll appreciate the adult interaction as much as the favor.
4. Margarita Mama ($6) Fake it until you make it...out of the pregnancy and breastfeeding stage.
5. Restaurant gift cards ($any price) Can be used in conjunction with Number One.
6. Mambino Organics Mommy Care Pack ($78) The complete collection of products that will help your bestie feel better while her body feels ultrapregnant.
7. High Density Foam Roller ($30) For working out the kinks and all-around discomfort associated with carrying around a baby, both inside and outside the womb.
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
Magzilla here: When I'm not busy eating my way to the bottom of a ginger candy bag, I'm tweezing my eyebrows. I prefer the hard core body modification scene but can also appreciate a ruffle or bow when I see one. Beauty and barrels of maternity/kid crap are my specialties. When you need help finding the right shade of eyeliner to match that new shade of "I haven't slept in days" tint your skin gets after a baby or four, call on me. Loudly.