Aug 6, 2013 10:50 AM
Ashley writes: "I need your help! I just booked a romantic getaway to Jamaica with my boyfriend and I have zero idea what to pack. I was hoping you girls could help me in my search and let me know the "must haves" for a beach vacation seeing as this will be my first time to the Caribbean! I feel like I need help with everything from lingerie, swim suits/cover-ups, dinner, and adventurous clothing! Can someone please help me pretty please?"
Hi, Ashley - I bet you and I have a ton in common. Not only are we the exact same size, but my boyfriend and I vacationed in Jamaica two months ago. Of course I overpacked, but now I know exactly what to bring.
1. Bow Tie Bra Set ($34)
2. Becca by Rebecca Virtue Eden Bandeu Top ($72) A matching tie side hipster bottom($56) and buckle side hipster bottom($58) are available choices for the lower half.
3. Davina Wrap Over Detail Tulip Shape Dress ($30)
4. Lovers + Friends Sacred & Sleek Dress in Tropical White ($169).
5. Maggie One Shoulder Printed Slinky Maxi Dress ($50)
6. Handmade Crochet Fringe Dress ($105)
7. Becca by Rebecca Virtue Eden Tunic ($72)
8. Peach Criss-Cross Front Beach Cover-Up ($7)
9. Mesh Halter Jumper ($96) This little romper is sure to get you through adventurous activities, but I noticed women zip lining in jeans, tube tops, and dangling earrings. Don't worry to much about activewear. Casual clothes, lougewear, or yoga clothing should suffice.
10. Beach Sexy Fabulous Push-up Triangle Top ($20 - $33 depending on style) I had to include this top because it comes in your size and has a great fit. Also, I think this top has the ideal amount of push-up to help you look a little perkier when you hit the beach with your sweetie.
11. French Quarter Half Cup Bra ($130) The matching high-waisted garter belt is $100 and the thong is $30.
12. Maaji Peaches & Wolves (top and bottom $53 each)
13. Beach shoes ($2) I chose to include a couple of pairs of water shoes in case you climb Dunn's River Falls, where water shoes are required. You can rent a pair there, which will look like these, or bring your own.
14. Ocean Minded Women's Waveseeker Ballet Water Shoes ($30)
What were my mistakes? I brought too many shoes. Unless you're hiking Blue Mountain Peak, you probably don't need bulky workout shoes. And there's no need to bring an umbrella. The rain won't last long and a little Caribbean sprinkle feels great. Here's a weather guide that'll give you an idea of what to expect - it even tells you what time of day rain is expected.
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
Naomi here: I'm a romantic. When I shop, it's got to be love at first sight and I don't want to buy anything if it's less than love. My favorite things to shop for have to be dresses and swim suits. Whether you're dressing to nines or going beach casual for your dream vacation, I'm ready to find your next favorite look. My other hobbies: scrapbooking, DIY crafts, baking (dessert foods only!), keep my think creatively and teach me how to shop for more than the perfect outfit.