Dec 22, 2010 10:00 AM
Chloe wrote, "Hi, Outblush! Before requesting this I searched everywhere (and tried my best!) to look for an anorak jacket. I really love the military-esque trend going on right now. Besides it being hard to look for in the first place, I want a jacket that's not too long since I'm short (5'1) and I'm a size small. I would prefer to keep it below $150 but I don't mind going a bit over if I really like it. I'd rather have it in dark colors (like army green), with drawstring waist, and hood (if it has a fur trim, removable would be nice). I'm going to wear it during a New England winter, so being warm is a must. I would really appreciate the help! Thanks in advance!"
We can see why you're having trouble, Chloe. Most army green, military inspired anoraks are too lightweight for serious snow. It's tough to find the style in lengths for a petite lady, but as long as the waist falls in the right spot and the silhouette is flattering, it shouldn't make you look smaller. Here's our best!
Petite or short styles:
1. Kristen Blake Quilted Down Parka ($120)
2. CC Petite Hooded Parka ($170)
3. Weatherproof Anorak Jacket ($120)
4. Petite Belted Parka Jacket ($115, now sold out - sorry!)
5. Jessie G. Down Jacket with Rabbit Fur Trim ($100)
Longer cuts with cinched waists:
6. Miss Sixty Quilted Down Belted Parka ($115, on sale; Smooth front similar look - Betsey Johnson Quilted Stow Down Anorak ($132, on sale))
7. Butterfly by Matthew Williamson Short Parka Jacket
8. Jessie G. Parka Coat with Removable Fox Fur Trim ($150)
9. Jessie G. Belted Down Coat with Removable Hood ($140)
10. Miss Sixty Denim Patterned Down Anorak ($132, on sale)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!