Angela writes: First I would like to start off with how in love with this site I am, it feeds my addiction for shopping daily.Now I do not know if you have seen the movie friends with benefits, and I would highly recommend it, I fell in with the character Jaimie outfits. She looked so put together yet free spirited consistently, from her grew hues to her long gold chain lightning bolt necklace. I do live in Canada so shipping to my great nation can sometimes be a hurdle. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much :)
Yay, I love doing these celeb inspired Personal Shoppers. I make it my personal mission to find the exact piece the celebrity was wearing and when I can't find it, I dupe it. Such as that necklace. Because oh. my. god. who can afford a $790 lightning bolt (#1)? I picked a few outfits from the movie that would be easy to copy with affordable pieces, although I did manage to find some exact matches as well. Because I clearly have too much time on my hands... -Magzilla
1. Willow and Clay Plaid Blouse ($32)
2. Vintage Seiko Round Roman Numerals Watch ($100)
3. Citizens of Humanity Rocket High Rise Skinny Jeans ($176)
4. Forever21 Floral Tunic ($20)
5. Steve Madden Caryssa Heels in Blush ($50)
6. Ajito Faux Leather Shoulder Bag ($45)
7. 7 for All Mankind Women's Farran Strappy High Sandal ($265)
8. Caslon Elbow Sleeve Cardigan ($48)
9. James Perse Twisted Wrap Mini Skirt ($135) But, of course, because this is the exact skirt she wore in the film, the darn thing is sold out. However, this clever lass figured out a way to fake your way into this skirt with a knit scarf.
Lightning Bolt Necklace:
1. Lizzie Scheck Lightning Bolt Necklace ($790) THEEEEE necklace from the movie.
2. Sterling Silver Lightning Bolt Charm ($8)
3. White Trash Charms Lightning Bolt Charm & Necklace ($170)
4. O2 Designs Bolt Necklace ($70)
OR you could be a frugal fashionista, buy a cheap lightning bolt charm and string a 30 inch chain through that bad boy.
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.