Mar 17, 2011 10:31 AM
Hi ladies, I've fallen in love with a necklace from Anthropologie. It's not on their website, but I found a picture of it online. Sadly, it's $298, and while I do love it, I can't afford it at that price. So, I'm wondering if you could find me something similar at a more reasonable price? I'm hoping for something under $50, if possible. Thanks! ~ Emily PS I found a picture of it on the Effortless Anthropology blog."
Oh, Anthropologie, Anthropologie... We love your wares, truly we do, but we hate hate HATE those outlandish prices. Lucky for you, Emily, there are a ton of similar pieces for way, way less out there right now, since the "thrifted charm necklace" look is big. If none of these are quite right, build it yourself! Hit up a thrift store for a base chain and add funky charms as you find them in thrift stores, craft shops, antique stores, etc.
1. The Original: $250 Anthropologie Necklace
2. Blu Bijoux Crown, Wing, and Key Goldtone Necklace ($38)
3. Temple St. Clair 5 Charm Necklace ($18 on sale)
4. Hematite Bird with Flower Charm Necklace ($15)
5. Fossil Natural Mystic Icons Necklace ($45)
6. Blu Bijoux Flower Disc Charm Necklace ($42)
7. Betsey Johnson 'Iconic' Charm Necklace ($30 on sale)
8. Tarina Tarantino Thimble Charm Pendant ($50 on sale)
9. Blu Bijoux Charmer Necklace ($39)
10. Gold and Pearl Charm Necklace ($14)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!