Sep 9, 2011 9:43 AM
Tara wrote: "Dear Outblush,
I desperately need your help! My boyfriend and I have a wedding to attend the last weekend of October and I need to look fabulous on a budget! The wedding is black tie, in downtown Chicago, and my boyfriend will be wearing a tux since he is standing up. I am a size 2 or 4 depending on designer. I would prefer something around knee length and not in black. I usually always end up wearing black and only want a black dress unless it has something really unique or special that makes it different. I would prefer the dress to be in a blush pink, navy or plum/maroon color. (I have fair skin and brunette hair and I know these colors work well for me.) The catch is that I really only have a budget of $100 but I am willing to spend up to $150 if I REALLY love the dress.
Thank you soooo much for your help. I have been searching for the past couple of weeks and have not been able to find anything that fits this criteria.
-Tara from Chicago"
Tara, Janetor here, and I, too, am a fair-skinned brunette, so I know how great those colors look on ladies like us. I couldn't find any maroon/burgundy black-tie-appropriate dresses in your price range, so focused on the blush pink/navy/plum colors you requested. Hope one of these ten frocks will make you the belle of the ball!
1. Eliza J One Shoulder Dress ($139)
2. Allen Schwartz Prive Navy Satin Bow Detail Pleated Strapless Dress ($123)
3. J. Crew Alannah Dress in Silk Organza ($100 on sale)
4. JS Boutique Pleated Shantung Dress ($148)
5. ASOS PREMIUM Large Rose And Chiffon Satin Dress ($119)
6. Romeo & Juliet Couture Tiered Plisse Dress ($79 on sale)
7. Badgley Mischka Fifth Avenue Showstopper Dress ($75 to rent the dress, retails for $395)
8. Ellen Tracy Metallic Glaze Dress ($95 on sale)
9. Jessica Howard Ruffled One-Shoulder Dress ($90)
10. Jessica Howard Asymmetrical Neck Cocktail Dress ($118)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.