May 25, 2012 11:39 AM
Amy writes: "Hey outblushers! I was recently browsing online and found an absolutely gorgeous bathing suit that I must have this summer. The only issue is that it costs a little more than I was hoping to spend. The suit is on the Nordstrom website. Could a girl ask for some help finding something similar that won't completely empty her piggy bank? Thanks! Amy"
I've got good news and bad news for you, Amy. The good news is that ombré is huge this year. The bad news is it hasn't really trickled down into swimwear just yet, and there aren't a ton of reasonably priced ombré swimsuits to be found. Here are a few that might work for you, though, and they're by and large less expensive than the Gottex original. Hope this helps!
1. The Original: Gottex 'Ombré Goddess' One Piece Bandeau Swimsuit ($178)
2. Antonio Melani Swim Ombre Underwire Tankini Top & Sash Bottom ($51 bottom, $79 top)
3. Lauren by Ralph Lauren Island Ombre Halter Top & Hipster Bottom ($55 bottom, $95 top)
4. Lands' End Tonal Ombre Tunic One Piece Slender Suit ($130)
5. Lauren by Ralph Lauren Island Ombre Shirred Halter One-Piece Swimsuit ($139)
6. Lauren by Ralph Lauren Swimsuit, Halter Embellished Bandeau Ombre One Piece ($139)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
Janetor here: I'm an expert in helping out fellow plus-sized curvy chicas, and also adore requests for formal wear and weddings (I scored my own wedding dress on clearance for $99), special events, beauty product quandaries, and what-can-I-wear-with-this-[fill in the blank]-I-just-bought requests! I also may or may not be a crazy cat lady and/or always reading at least three books at any given time.