Dec 22, 2010 8:43 AM
Kate B. wrote, "Hi Outblush! I found out 3 days ago that I (a Southern girl!!) will be moving to Michigan on Jan. 1. I'm super excited about the move, but am in desperate need of an eskimo-quality coat. I want a chic, puffy parka in a dark charcoal-y gray or silver. I really like this one, but it is sold out in my size (S). I want something long enough to keep my tush warm, I like fur (but don't need it), and would love a belt. If possible, I would like to stay under $200. Thanks! Kate B."
Hi Kate, Janetor here! Speaking from experience (I went to college in the Midwest), buying a coat in a size larger than you normally wear isn't a bad idea... That way, you can wear multiple thick layers underneath and still be able to zip the coat closed. But, I digress: Here are seven cute coats, under $150, that'll keep you toasty warm in the frigid North. Good luck with your move!
1. Calvin Klein Charcoal Down Faux Fur Trim Hooded Coat ($149)
2. Gap Long Belted Puffer Coat ($70 on sale)
3. Gallery Quilted A-Line Coat ($110 on sale, 3 colors)
4. Calvin Klein Grey Ombre Faux Fur Trim Hooded Down Coat ($127 on sale)
5. LLBean Ultrawarm Three-Quarter-Length Coat ($149, in 5 colors including black)
6. Michael Michael Kors Gunmetal Quilted Hooded Down Parka ($127 on sale)
7. GUESS? Faux Fur Trim Quilted Jacket ($80 on sale)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.