Jul 19, 2011 9:34 AM
Alena writes: "I am about to move into my very first apartment in baltimore and I am in need of a rug for my bedroom. I had my eye on this one from Urban Outfitters but it is a bit too small for what I need. I'm looking for a 4x6 or 5x7 that is similar to this. I prefer a solid color because my bedspread is really colorful! I'm open to any suggestions and would try to keep my price under $200. Thanks so much!"
Soooo, crochet rugs just flat out don't exist in the size you need. And if they do, someone correct and help Miss Alena out. Instead, I opted for for some nifty fabrics like leather, bamboo and wool along with some interesting patterns. You need not run from prints just because your bedspread looks like a farmer's market (that's a good thing). Just stick with patterns that aren't Jamaican me crazy. -Magzilla
1. Laguna Green Polypropylene Rug (5'3 x 7'6) ($94)
2. Camel Bamboo Rug (5' x 7') ($61)
3. Living Necessities Grey Rug (5' x 7') ($40)
4. Matador Green Hand-woven Leather Rug (5' x 8') ($69)
5. Handcrafted Mesa Wool Rug (5' x 8') ($192)
6. Hand-tufted World Classic Bluish-grey Wool Rug (5' x 8') ($174)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!