Feb 11, 2012 10:00 AM
Caitlin writes: Love you guys! HELP HELP HELP - what do i get my awesome boyfriend of 5 years for Valentines day. I am kinda over chocolates, lingerie and all that cliche nonsense. He's a guy's guys so I was thinking whiskey, a cool pair of shoes...I don't know HELP! forever your faithful follower...
Oooh, girl. Have I got the gift suggestions for you. My personal hunk of man meat is also a scotch and whiskey man. And he would suggest the following bottles to entice your boy toy with. Also, whiskey stones are an investment piece of barware. You freeze them as you would ice but they won't dilute the purity of your drink by melting. As for shoes and such, a classy yet casual pair of boots is a good gift. But so is a sweet pair of house slippers. I'm all about tie bars this instant so of course I threw one of those in as well. And if all else fails, hop on over to your local Ray-Ban retailer and pick him up a collector's edition pair of Wayfarers. (All these items can be shipped to you in time for Valentine's if you buy them RIGHT MEOW or can be picked up at a store near you...hopefully.)
1. Glenmorangie 12 Year Old Lasanta Extra Matured Range Sherry Cask ($46) You could pick up a bottle of Glenmorangie (I'd suggest 12 years and older) at any good liquor store.
2. Glenlivet 18 Year Old Single Malt Whisky ($60) Should also be available at a quality liquor store. Any bottle of Glenlivet will be worth the money.
3. Teroforma Whisky Stones ($20)
4. Calibrate Tie Bar ($30)
5. Ray-Ban Original Wayfarers RB2140-72 ($160)
6. UGG Australia 'Ascot' Slippers for Men ($100)
7. Franklin Black Waxed Suede with Black Sole ($130)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
Magzilla here: When I'm not busy eating my way to the bottom of a ginger candy bag, I'm tweezing my eyebrows. I prefer the hard core body modification scene but can also appreciate a ruffle or bow when I see one. Beauty and barrels of maternity/kid crap are my specialties. When you need help finding the right shade of eyeliner to match that new shade of "I haven't slept in days" tint your skin gets after a baby or four, call on me. Loudly.