Mar 29, 2011 10:25 AM
Joanna wrote, "Hello, Outblush! I am relatively new to your blog, and LOVE it! I see you help ladies every day find what they are looking for, so I hope you can help my god mother out because I write to you on her behalf! She is an adorable and hip, fashion-forward Californian who is attending her niece's April wedding in NJ. She is looking for a dress that has a 40's inspired drape, and colorful: she particularly likes teal (and it looks great with her eyes), purple and moss green. She is a size six, and very petite. Hope you can help!! Thank you! Joanna for my God-Mama"
Janetor here, Joanna - what a nice goddaughter you are! You didn't specify how formal the wedding was, so I picked out mostly cocktail dresses but threw in two full-length evening gowns for good measure. Hope you and she like 'em, let us know in the comments!
1. Aidan Mattox Beaded Chiffon Halter Gown ($265)
2. Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent One Shoulder Tie Waist Dress ($265)
3. Marc Bouwer Glamit! Stretch Satin Peplum Dress ($172 on sale)
4. Shoshanna Silk Striped Jacquard Strapless Dress ($209)
5. Maggy London One Shoulder Dress ($128)
6. Xscape Pleated Stretch Satin Sheath Dress ($155)
7. BCBGMaxAzria Ombre Chiffon Pleated Strapless Gown ($299)
8. (Not shown) Alexia Admore Taffeta Inverted Pleat V-Neck Dress ($115 on sale)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!