Jun 17, 2011 11:50 AM
Alexis wrote: "I need help, please and knew I had come to the right place when I found your website. I have a wedding to attend in July and need recommendations for a dress to wear. I have no clue what to get as I'm used to attending weddings in my traditional African wears. I really need to look good as lots of old friends will be there. It's an evening reception at a country club. I don't like sleeveless dresses as my arms are not slender and toned. It's so difficult finding modern styled dresses with some sleeves even if it's cap sleeves. I'm in my mid 30s and don't want to look like the mother of the groom/bride. If I can find a dress for under a $100, that would be great but I can go up to $150. I am a size 10/12 with very thick waist. Thanks."
1. James & Joy Purple Long Sleeve Dress ($77)
2. Patra Short Tiered V Neck Dress ($138)
3. Culture Phit Karrie ($84 on sale)
4. Laundry by Shelly Segal Lace Shift Dress ($148)
5. Maggy London Floral Print Blouson Dress ($118)
6. Tahari by ASL Textured Crepe Jacket Dress ($122)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!