Jan 7, 2011 9:04 AM
Tessa K. wrote, "Hi! I'm a huge fan of the blog and would like to make a personal shopper request. 1. Size 18 dress 2. $350 3. Friend's black tie wedding in February 4. N/A 5. Sparkly cocktail dress, preferably wearable with a cardigan/wrap/shrug (I hate my arms!). Something fun and not too serious. I'm 27 so I'd like it to a young, fresh look. 6. I don't like anything too form fitting around the hips. Thanks!! Tessa K"
Hi Tessa, Janetor here! I'm right there with you on the "I'll wear sleeveless or strapless, but ONLY if I can find a wrap or shrug to put over my arms" thing, girl! I've rounded up eight fun dresses (some you might want to order a size up and have taken in) for you to rock your friend's wedding in. I've found, personally, that dresses that are slightly flowy and skim over the hips, rather than excessively-roomy-around-the-hips, are more flattering to us plus-size gals. Enjoy, and let us know which one you like!
1. Ruby Rox Plus Size Strapless Gathered Rosette Empire Dress ($70 on sale)
2. Tadashi Shoji Plus Size One-Shoulder Sequined Mesh Cocktail Dress ($230 on sale)
3. Avenue Silver Sparkle Dress ($30 on sale)
4. JS Collections Sequin Stripe Dress ($198)
5. Calvin Klein Pleat Bodice Sleeveless Dress ($158)
6. JS Collections One Shoulder Mesh & Jersey Gown ($198, 2 colors)
7. Lane Bryant Strapless Textured Dress ($46 on sale, 3 colors)
8. ASOS Curve Premium Large Rose Satin Dress ($112)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.