Mar 24, 2011 11:05 AM
Tania C. wrote, "I desperately need your help to find a stylish, classy cocktail dress for me to wear to a May wedding where I feel young, classy and glamourous! I'm looking for a size 18 cocktail length dress with sleeves (3/4 length). Doesn't matter what material. The length of the dress at the knees or just below. Also, I want to try wearing colour (I usually wear black and grey). Please no florals or abstract patterns! Clothes for curvier girls tend to have these ugly patterns and the young curvy girl deserves to look hot! My budget is no more than $200. I want to feel confident for once when going out so please help! Thanks Outblush team! Tania"
Tania, girrrrrl, Janetor here, and I feel your pain - I'm so tired of paintbrush patterns, huge flowers splashed over my boobs & butt, and sleeveless dresses in the plus-sized department! With that in mind, I've rounded up ten freakin' hot dresses for you (and yes, they're all in the blue/purple/red color family, another commonality in the plus-size dress department these days....dunno why!), and hope you love one or more of them. Drop a line in the comments & let us know!
1. Rachel Pally 'Alma' Knit Dress ($238)
2. Kiyonna Alexandra Gathered Dress ($128, in 3 colors)
3. Igigi Nina Origami Dress ($118)
4. Lucky 13 - Hells Bells Red Satin Dress ($79)
5. Kiyonna Flaunt Cocktail Dress ($108, in 3 colors)
6. Igigi Florentia Dress ($162)
7. Kiyonna Vivienne Cinch Dress ($98, in 3 colors)
8. Igigi Tres Chic Dress ($112)
9. Igigi Venice Dress ($168)
10. Chaps Cowlneck Dress ($85)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.