Jennifer D. wrote: "I believe I may have the perfect challenge for you. I'm having an end-of-summer, nontraditional, casual wedding. It's my desire to not wear a wedding dress, but instead wear a tea-length flirty summer dress in multiple colors, off-the-rack, and preferably under $500. Here's the URL of my inspiration: It's the first dress shown in pale pink with purple underskirt, purple sash. Can you find anything for me? If you need it, my size is 12. Thanks a ton!"
First, the bad news, Jennifer. I contacted the photographer, Mandy Lynne, who contacted the gal in the photo... The dress is one-of-a-kind vintage. But there are some similar frocks out there that can be made to fit your requirements with a custom-dyed crinoline (see #9) and a piece of fabric or wide ribbon tied on as a sash. You can also have a pal make some extra ruffles or fabric flowers to attach to the dress. Good luck, and congrats on your wedding!
1. Unique Vintage Eyelet It Be Yellow Swing Dress with Bow Ties ($114)
2. Teri Jon Printed Silk Chiffon Overlay Dress ($458)
3. Ellana Couture Ella Retro Style Wedding Dress ($445)
4. Julie Kummer Blush Vintage Satin-Ribbon Tea Length Dress ($470)
5. Stop Staring Aqua Watercolor Sweet Dreams Floral Print Swing Dress ($132 on sale)
6. eShakti Ruffle front poplin dress ($60, in 4 colors)
7. Unique Vintage Flirty Pink Cotton Halter 50's Style Swing Dress ($98)
8. Amsale Ruffle Crinkle Silk Chiffon Dress ($250)
9. Swank Underpinnings Tea Length Hand-dyed Bridal Slip ($95)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
Janetor here: I'm an expert in helping out fellow plus-sized curvy chicas, and also adore requests for formal wear and weddings (I scored my own wedding dress on clearance for $99), special events, beauty product quandaries, and what-can-I-wear-with-this-[fill in the blank]-I-just-bought requests! I also may or may not be a crazy cat lady and/or always reading at least three books at any given time.
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.