Carina R. wrote: "Hello! With summer officially here, I'm looking for a new bathing suit. I fell in love with Gap's Retro Longline Top but it's no longer available. What I love about it but can't seem to find elsewhere is that it has good coverage and sits right below the ribcage and the sweetheart neckline. All I seem to find are tankinis (too long) and bikinis (too little). I'm a size M-L and would like to stay under $50 (for just the top). Any color/print would be ok with me! Please help! Thanks! Carina"
This was surprisingly hard, Carina! Even though there are lots of retro-style bikinis out there right now, the tops are still pretty small even though the bottoms have more coverage. We found a few below, and also gave you the option of a tankini that you could take to a seamstress to get cropped (wouldn't cost much). Hope one of these makes you feel like a retro bathing beauty! XOXO Janetor
1. The Original: Gap Retro Longline Bikini
2. Unique Vintage Navy & White High Waisted Halter Bikini Swimsuit ($48 for entire suit)
3. ASOS Blue Pansy Long Line Cupped Bikini Top ($15 on sale for top)
4. La Blanca by Rod Beattie "Solid" Sweetheart Tankini Top & Hipster Bottom ($93 top, $39 bottom)
5. Ujena Caribbean Cruise Banded Bikini ($50 top, $50 bottom)
6. Ujena Honeymoon Hide n Slide Bikini ($50 top, $50 bottom)
7. Tommy Bahama Pleated Halter Bikini Top & Hipster Bottoms ($68 top, $61 bottom)
8. Midnight Grace Marilyn Underwired Crop Balconette Bikini Top ($42 for top)
9. Unique Vintage Brown Tiki Bikini Swimsuit ($104 for entire suit)
10. (Not shown) Retro Vintage Inspired Reversible Cherry Print Bikini Swimsuit ($75 on sale for entire suit)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.