Jan 15, 2011 12:22 PM
Kristin P. wrote, "Hello Outblush! My boyfriend of six years and I are finally tying the knot! We're planning a fun non-traditional event and I'm not wearing a wedding dress. Instead, I'd like to wear a fabulous red cocktail dress-- red because my fiancee is Chinese and red is the traditional color of love and prosperity. So far, this BCBG dress is by far the front-runner, but its a little pricey (in addition to "fun" and "non-traditional" we're also "on a budget"). Please help me find something red and AMAZING to help make my special day perfect. Here's the deets: -I'm a size 6/8 -Id like to stay between $200-$400 -Its for my wedding in June, but I'm shopping this month"
Congrats on your engagement, Kristin - and props to you for going for a nontraditional look! (Not that we don't love the traditional white bridal gown, but it's fun to see gals mix it up) We've rounded up 11 celebrational red frocks that'll have you looking and feeling amazing on your wedding day. Enjoy, and let us know which one you like!
1. The Original: BCBG Max Azria One-Shoulder Rosette Dress ($498)
2. Blush Ruffle Homecoming Dress ($178)
3. Nika Strapless Chiffon Dress ($298)
4. ABS Silk Organza Holiday Dress ($330)
5. Phoebe Couture Strapless Ruffle Neck Dress ($186 on sale)
6. Nanette Lepore "La Marocain" Red Satin One-Shoulder Dress ($209)
7. Jovani One Shoulder Floral Dress ($350)
8. Oasis One Shoulder Corsage Dress ($104)
9. Xcape Red Taffeta One-Shoulder Dress with Rosette ($188)
10. BCBG Max Azria Strapless Satin Cocktail Dress ($368)
11. Nanette Lepore Unwrap Me Bow Dress ($209 on sale)
12. White House Black Market Ruby Satin Rosette Dress ($178)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!