Kayla writes: "Dearest Outblush Ladies,
You have helped me before and I am once again calling on you in my time of need.
Several years ago I purchased the most wonderful chocolate brown cardigan. It was long-sleeved, hit just below the hip, was boyfriend-ish, and the most perfect basic. Alas, my love of this cardigan has resulted in it looking sad and it must be retired. Unfortunately, I am apparently the only woman on the planet who wants a long sleeve brown cardigan. I have been searching to no avail for about a year. Please help me!
1. What size (shoe or dress) are you? A size small or medium
2. What is your maximum budget? $50ish
3. If this is for a wedding or event (i.e. a party, a birthday), when IS the event? For the event of my daily life
4. If this is for a gift for a person, please tell us two things they like, and conversely, two things they DON'T like.
5. What are you looking for? Give us specifics!!! Long-sleeved, chocolate brown (not tan or beigey), boyfriend-ish, no embellishments, basic cardigan
6. Please tell us if there's something you really don't like. Please not dry clean only. I simply will wear it too much for that nonsense.
If you find my long lost cardigan I will be your best friend forever (all of you).
This was a surprisingly tall order, Kayla - apparently, this winter, designers have forgotten what a fabulous neutral chocolate brown can be! Grr. But I found eight cardigans that meet most or all of your preferences. The only one that's dry-clean only is #5, but that baby is silk and cashmere - just think of how decadently soft it must be! The others are all hand wash or machine wash, but I'd recommend erring on the side of hand wash/laying it out flat to dry to preserve it as long as possible. Also, you might want to buy two of the one you like the best, just in case. Shiz happens, after all!
1. Gabriella Rocha Georga V-Neck Cardigan ($21 on sale)
2. Nic+Zoe Back of the Chair Cardy ($50 on sale)
3. Jones New York JNY Collection V-Neck Cardigan ($39 on sale)
4. Charter School Cardigan ($35)
5. Brooks Brothers Silk Cashmere Cardigan ($59 on sale)
6. Jones New York JNY Collection Crew Neck Cardigan ($49 on sale)
7. Woolovers Cashmere Merino Timeless Crew Cardigan ($42 on sale)
8. Mossimo Women's Ultra Soft Cardigan ($14 on sale)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
Janetor here: I may spend my days wearing yoga pants and T-shirts, chasing a frenetic toddler and two cats, but I dearly love fashion and pride myself on never paying full price for clothes, shoes, or accessories. Ping me if you're seeking out formal wear, plus-size fashions, or beauty products - or if you just want to discuss the latest season of Downton Abbey or Doctor Who over a pitcher of sangria and some nachos.
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.