Apr 26, 2011 10:33 AM
Erin H. wrote, "Hi Outblush -
My brother is getting married July 23rd in Memphis and I need some serious help finding an awesome dress to wear. The challenges I face are two-fold. First, it is going to be effing hot - the end of July in Memphis is like 100 degrees with 90% humidity. I've been living in CT for the past two years and I'm no longer used to that kind of heat. Is there a color/fabric that does not show sweat?????? Second, I am tiny. I am exactly 5' tall and weigh 95 lbs. I don't fit into most size 0 clothing, or even petite size 0 clothing. I count myself lucky if I can wear a 00P. I would really and truly appreciate your help!
So, here's the details you requested:
1) I am a 00P if lucky. My measurements are 31" / 22.5" / 32"
2) My max budget is $160.
3) This is for my brother's wedding on July 23, 2011.
4) I just don't want to die in the heat or look like the hot mess that I will be. Something breathable and that won't show sweat. And, of course, something that's not white, red (bridesmaids will be in red), or black.
5) I really don't like looking skanky. Y'all always keep it classy, so I trust you.
Phew, Erin, Tennessee in the middle of JULY? That's a time of year and a place where all you want to do is lay in a cold swimming pool, not get married! That said, we'd recommend a cotton or linen dress in a lively print: The fabric will breathe and the print will help hide sweat. We tried to pick dresses that would be inexpensive enough for you to have tailored to fit your small frame. Last but not least, you may also want to consider a handbag large enough to contain a small handheld fan!
1. Edme & Esyllte Annona Dress ($80 on sale)
2. Ann Taylor Petite Cascade Dots Print Dress ($148)
3. Ruche Lively Imagination Printed Halter Dress ($35)
4. Edme & Esyllte Rhythmic Repetition Dress ($138)
5. Frock! by Tracy Reese 'Beverly' Strapless Sweetheart Dress ($129)
6. Zehavale Summer-Grown Dress ($138)
7. B. Darlin Floral-Print Strapless Dress ($59)
8. French Connection 'Goldy Belle' Halter Dress ($111)
9. (Not shown) Make Arrangements Dress ($54)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!