Jun 25, 2013 11:15 AM
Heather says: "I spend all day drinking water out of my Camelbak, but it's looking a little rough around the edges. I need to replace it, but am entertaining the idea of something different. Ideally, I'd like a water bottle that's glass or stainless steel and has a straw component. I'm okay with paying up to $30 for a fancy new bottle, but it's gotta last me a while with daily use (and nightly dishwasher-ing!)."
Hi, Heather! I have to say I'm quite inspired by your commitment to staying hydrated throughout the day. It's a sad thing when you realize a product you use so often is nearing its death. The thought of replacement is sometimes too much to swallow (pun intended)! Luckily I've come up with some great options to replace that old Camelbak. The one thing some of them might be missing from your requirements would be the dishwasher-safe aspect. With stainless steel it is usually better to hand wash so the product lasts longer! :)
1. CamelBak Glass Eddy Water Bottle, 24 oz. ($25) - This option is dishwasher-safe and is also available in charcoal.
2. Eco Vessel Insulated Steel Straw Bottle, 17 oz. ($25) - There are four other colors available if you're not feeling this hue.
3. CamelBak 2013 Eddy Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle w/ Bite Valve & Straw, 16 oz. ($27) - This version is also available in navy.
4. Red Hyperion Glass Water Bottle, 18 oz. ($6)
5. Eco Vessel Aqua Vessel Insulated Filtration Bottle, 17 oz. ($38) - I know this is slightly out of your price range but it comes with an awesome filter inside!
6. Custom Stainless Steel Water Bottle, 20 oz. ($20) - When you purchase this water bottle from Etsy seller Mosaico di Mangino, it comes with a heat-transferred image of your choice!
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
Batcave Blondie here: Being that I am born and raised in Southern California, I use the word "dude" constantly. I am a firm believer that any woman can have the best of both worlds. I love watching sports, drinking beer and busting out the occasional curse word while still maintaining my lady-like habits with a great pair of pumps, a jaw-dropping outfit, and fabulous hair. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty in a game of soccer, but I also love a great manicure! Whether you are on the hunt for a superhero sports bra or the perfect Vegas outfit, I'm your girl!