Nov 18, 2010 9:49 AM
K. wrote, "Hello Outblush! I was wondering if you could offer your expertise and help me find a dress for my sorority's formal! I'm taking my boyfriend, who I've been with since high school, and we never went to dances, let alone formals, together in high school because he's not the biggest fan of dancing. He's wanted to make it up to me and now that I'm in a sorority, he has the opportunity to. Since he's never seen me all dolled up and fancy for a dance, I want to make sure I look my best. I tend to like simple, pretty dresses and I just can't seem to find anything that I'm crazy about. I'm 5' 2" and a size 4 with somewhat of a large chest. My formal is the first week of December and I hope you guys can help me find a gorgeous (and affordable) dress that I can feel pretty in & make my boyfriend's jaw drop in. Thanks a lot!"
1. JS Boutique Black Evening Dress ($218)
2. A.B.S. by Allen Schwartz Crimson Silk Chiffon Ruched Sweetheart Neck Long Dress ($248)
3. Max & Cleo Strapless Holiday Dress ($208)
4. Calvin Klein Sequined Waist Satin Gown ($198)
5. Spiegel Sequined Floor-Length Mermaid Dress ($249)
6. Apart Moss Strapless Evening Dress ($198 on sale)
7. BCBG Max Azria Long Halter Dress ($179 on sale)
8. Faviana Couture Strapless Celebrity Inspired Dress ($178)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Send us a request and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!