Feb 15, 2011 12:46 PM
Emily B. wrote, "Dear Outblush, My best friend turned me on to your site, and now I look at it everyday (or as close as possible given the demands of law school). It is my first year in law school, and I am looking for a dress for my first barrister's ball in mid March in Williamsburg, VA. I want something black, sophisticated, long and flowing, but I would be willing to look at other colors that would be good for a fair-skinned blonde. I also don't want to look like I'm going to prom. I have a larger chest, so I'd prefer something with straps. I really don't want something too sexy as it is not appropriate for the event. I'm 5'2, and a size 8-10. My main difficulty is finding a dress that works with my height, and for a girl with a bust, hips, and thighs, but a small waist. My maximum budget is $150! Thank you so much for looking into this! Emily"
1. JS Collections Satin Stripe Gown ($120 on clearance)
2. JS Boutique Cutaway Shoulder Beaded Waist Gown ($158)
3. Formal Gallery Evening Dress (Style 70163) ($119 on sale)
4. Alex Evenings One Shoulder Gown ($128)
5. T-Bags Asymmetric Jersey Gown ($110 on sale)
6. Xscape Navy Jersey Beaded Gown ($150)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!