Jun 22, 2011 12:31 PM
Carolyn B. wrote:"1. What size (shoe or dress) are you? Shoe = 5.5, dress = 6regular/ 8petite
2. What is your maximum budget? $200
3. If this is for a wedding or event (i.e. a party, a birthday), when IS the event? Engagement photos in Charleston, SC
4. If this is for a gift for a person, please tell us two things they like, and conversely, two things they DON'T like.
5. What are you looking for? Give us specifics!!! I just got engaged to my boyfriend of 3 years, and we want to have engagement photos done in my hometown of Charleston, SC. I am looking for a dress in a flattering cut and a color that will look good in pictures. If possible, I'd like something with short sleeves and a defined waist (or that can be belted). I'm very petite (5') but curvy, with fair skin. I'd like something in blue, green, burnt orange, or purple, but I'm open to suggestions.
6. Please tell us if there's something you really don't like. No strapless dresses, please, and nothing red. Thanks! -Carolyn"
Congratulations on your engagement, Carolyn! I couldn't find any good short-sleeved burnt orange dresses at this time of year, so I focused on the blue/green/purple colors you requested instead. I tried to pick relatively simple dresses as well, that you could add belts & accessories to and that won't look massively dated a couple years from now. Enjoy, and I hope one of these dresses is just as perfect for you as your fiancé is! -Janetor
1. ASOS PETITE Tailored Shirt Dress ($86)
2. Aryn K Lapis Lazuli Silk Blue Dress ($115)
3. Halston Heritage Split-Sleeve Hammered-Silk Dress ($144 on sale)
4. Alice & Olivia Silk 'Butterfly' Dolman Sleeve Dress ($187 on sale)
5. Space Style Concept Short Dress ($122)
6. Catherine Malandrino Short Dress ($250 on sale)
7. Lauren Ralph Lauren Adara Ruched Jersey Dress ($124)
8. Amanda Uprichard Crystal Body Silk Dress ($194)
9. Lapis It Up Dress ($78)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.