Feb 15, 2011 10:25 AM
Angela wrote, "Hello! I'm a 23 year old female attending a coworker/friend's wedding in Aruba in the beginning of August. I'm really excited, but seeing as I've never been to ANY wedding (as an adult that is) I'm stuck as to what to wear to this evening beach wedding. I'm looking for something at or above the knee (so the dress doesn't drag through the sand), not halter, and not black! My dress size is around a 4, and I'd like to keep the budget at (or preferably under!) $100. Any suggestions, tips or pointers you can provide would be really great! Thanks in advance, Angela"
Angela, Aruba in August is gonna be hot, not to mention humid, so lightweight, breathable fabrics like jersey and cotton will be your BFFs. Destination weddings, even evening ones, mean a more relaxed dress code, so a summery dress in a bright color or print dressed up with cute jewelry, shoes, & makeup/hair will suit you just fine.
1. Greylin Strapless Dress ($83 on sale)
2. Daisy Fuentes Cowlneck Knot Front Dress ($27 on sale, in 2 colors)
3. Topshop Red Beaded Open Back Dress ($90)
4. French Connection Butterfly Jersey Tie Waist Dress ($98)
5. Gabriella Rocha Drew Dress ($59 on sale, in 4 colors)
6. Wyatt Berry Jersey Twist Knot Dress ($84 on sale)
7. Lauren by Ralph Lauren Dress "Cordie" Empire Matte Jersey Dress ($61 on sale)
8. Studio M Sleeveless Tiered Dress ($48 on sale, in 3 colors)
9. Rare Pleated Dress ($78)
10. J. Crew Cotton Cady Aveline Dress (select colors $70 on sale)
11. Corey P Pleated Twill Dress ($60 on sale)
12. (Not shown) Moon Collection Indomalaya Ecozone Dress ($55)
13. (Not Shown) ASOS Soft Frill Belted Dress ($55 on sale, in 2 colors)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!