Dec 23, 2010 12:08 PM
Tara wrote, "Hello Outblush Editors! I am hoping you can help me find some outfits for a Company Sales Meeting in Miami. I am a New Jersey girl, who has never made a January appearance in Florida! What to wear what to wear?!?
1. What size (shoe or dress) are you? I am a size 4, Small, and Shoe size 7.5. I am 5.4 and weigh in at about 125 pounds.Thanks! Hope you can help! Happy Holidays, Tara S."
2. What is your maximum budget? 400.00
3. If this is for a wedding or event (i.e. a party, a birthday), when IS the event? This is for my company's annual Sales Meeting in Miami/South Beach Jan 13-16 2011! We are a NJ based company, so I have never been to Florida in the winter! Corporate meetings and breakout sessions by day, and out on the town at night with fellow employees!
4. If this is for a gift for a person, please tell us two things they like, and conversely, two things they DON'T like. Gift for ME :) I like dark skinny jeans, classic pumps and peep toes. Fitted tanks and tees that are eye-catching and a little different from something you would pick up at the Gap. As far as dresses, I am an open book.
5. What are you looking for? Give us specifics!!! During the day we are attending meetings, sitting in a conference room for 8 hours. I would hate to wear anything too stuffy or businessy (not really a collar button down company) ! Classic black pants with a professional shirt or sweater. Something with a print, or a little style. Pencil skirts with Tank and light cardigan will also work! For night, Not sure how Miami weather is in Jan, but one shoulder tops with tight crisp jeans, or a dress with a cute cover up and close toed pumps for evening.
6. Please tell us if there's something you really don't like. Collared button downs, polo's or vests, pants with stripes (suit pants), super Low cut tops ( I am a 34 a/b on top!) and anything white. Hehe!
Tara, thank you so much for those great specific answers to our reader requests - this made it a lot easier (and more fun) to work on this one! Miami winter weather tends to be in the 60's-80's, temperature-wise, so you're best off packing a bunch of light layers in case you get stuck in a chilly conference room. We've rounded up a bunch of mix-and-match pieces for day, and a few cute, inexpensive party frocks for evening that aren't too racy, since it is a company function. Have fun!
1. Charlotte Russe Ponte Hi Low Blazer ($40)
2. Alexia Admor Taffeta Inverted Pleat V Neck Dress ($135, 2 colors)
3. Standout and Deliver Dress ($60)
4. BCBGeneration Sleeveless Blouson Dress ($49 on sale)
5. Lasonia Women's M4478 Platform Pumps ($36)
6. Fei Flutter Sleeve Tunic ($88)
7. Gap Cashmere Cardigan ($70-80 on sale, 3 colors)
8. Forever21 Accordion Pleat Panel Top ($23)
9. Gianni Bini "Cole" Blouse ($88)
10. Parameter Side-Ruffle Tweed Pencil Skirt ($83 on sale)
11. Calvin Klein Belted Slouchy Skinny Chino Pants ($50 on sale, 3 colors)
12. Banana Republic Logan Fit Wide-Leg Cotton Stretch Pant ($70, 4 colors)
13. Seychelles Luna Pumps ($70 on sale, 4 colors)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!