Nov 16, 2010 8:58 AM
Gwen wrote, "Hi Outblush! I need to go to a large corporate holiday party and have no idea what to wear. The invitation says "Holiday Cocktail Party/Suit and Tie." Also, it would be fantastic if the dress had pockets so I don't have to carry around a clutch all night. Thanks for your help!"
Gwen, this is a common conundrum this time of year! If you're attending a work function, it's best to think: no strapless, no super short, and no super low-cut. You never know who you might run into, after all! That being said, a festively hued dress in satin, charmeuse, or silk will look great, and you can jazz it up with a wrap, jewelry, shoes, etc. All of the dresses below have pockets, as well, and you could easily wear them to other parties or out on date night. Enjoy!
1. Alex Evenings Tie Waist Shimmer Taffeta Dress ($155)
2. Kenneth Cole New York Hammered Silk Wrap Dress ($179, 2 colors)
3. Elie Tahari 'Nadine' Dress ($179)
4. White House Black Market Pink Floral Jacquard Dress ($178)
5. The Limited Pleated Neck Dress ($90, 2 colors)
6. Taylor Dresses Bengaline Party Dress ($198)
7. Theia V-Neck Jacquard Party Dress ($550)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Send us a request and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!