May 1, 2012 10:25 AM
Katie writes: "I need your magic. I'm attending a fundraiser in June and this is like the party of the year. I'm in the process of losing some weight to fit into a fabulous dress, but I need the fabulous dress! I'm 5'1" and I have a curvy figure. I'm hoping to be an 8 or a 10 by the time of the party. The theme of the party is Carnivale so I need something colorful! The bolder the better!Thanks!"
Hi, Katie! Party of the year? We'll try to get over the fact that we're not invited, but could you at least steal us a centerpiece or something? You ought to look appropriately festive in one or all of these - and if you decide you'd rather aim for a complete carnival queen look, drop us another line!
1. Max and Cleo Ariel Dress ($168)
2. ML Monique Lhuillier Bridesmaids Strapless Ruched Cationic Chiffon Dress ($188)
3. Aidan Mattox Beaded Blouson Dress ($269)
4. Adrianna Papell Sequin One Shoulder Mesh Gown ($278)
5. Donna Morgan One Shoulder Color Block Jersey Dress ($128)
6. Gabriella Rocha Elisa Wrap Dress ($79)
Robin here:I have an obsession with all things glittery, sparkly and glam, even though I tend to spend most of my time in jeans or gym clothes. If I'm not shopping or working out, I'm planning a social gathering of some sort, ranging from a Big Lebowski Bash or Stitch 'n' Bitch, to an Evening of Cocktails and Crudité. Ask me about fitness, crafts, fashion, makeup, hostess gifts, good tunes or my ultimate shopping victory: size 12 rhinestone and spike studded pumps for Vegas.