Jan 15, 2013 11:15 AM
Katy writes, "So I have been a long time follower of outblush and in need of some help finding a particular dress pant. I am looking for something high-waisted along maybe the button up sailor flap? I am in my early 20' so I don't want it to be too mature but at the same time I don't want to be going to work in something too skinny either. I am just under 5'6'' and wear a size 2. I am still in college so I have a budget but am willing to splurge $200 if its a true classic dress pant. I really hope you can help. *Keeping my fingers crossed* Thanks!"
Hiya, Katy! On one hand, January is a great time for a dress pant search. I've found lots of sales, which means you have some quality options that come in under budget. On the other hand, stores are stocking spring duds now, so dark pants are somewhat scarce. I've rounded up a few good pairs below - all in black, though some are sold in other neutral colors, in case you decide to go for a grey or navy.
1. The Christie Flare Pant ($40, on sale) - This is a Victoria Secret pant, so the model has a hand in making them look a little tighter and sexier than they do in a normal business casual setting!
2. Alice and Olivia Paula High Waist Pant ($165, on sale)
3. J.Crew Hutton Trouser in Super 120S ($118, on sale)
4. Lauren Wide Leg Belted Pant ($53, on sale)
5. Milly Woolen High Waisted Trousers ($131, on sale)
6. Anne Klein Black Straight-Leg Pants ($65)
7. Lafayette 148 New York Fulton High-Waist Button Trousers ($208, on sale) A little over budget, but one of the only pairs of sailor pants I found near your price range!
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
Layla here: At a strapping 5'2", I've got plenty of tricks up my sleeve for fellow petite girls who need to look fashion fabulous. Plus, I make all of my beauty purchases online just so I can get free trial size samples in the mail. If you're not sure about a product, chances are I've tried it! I'd be glad to recommend my favs. I also have a knack for men's apparel and gifts, especially geek guy gifts, thanks to the expertise of my own gadget-inclined guy.
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.