Mar 4, 2013 11:20 AM
Rishibha writes: "Hi Outblush editors!
I've been a faithful follower for a couple of years now and my bank account would just like to say - THANKS A LOT! My 24th birthday is coming up and I'd originally planned to wear this dress for the celebrations but unfortunately the dress is not available the weekend I need it. Here's more details -
1. What size (shoe or dress) are you? Between a 2-4. I'm on the petite side with small shoulders, 34B with a curvier bottom. My legs are longer than my torso and I love dresses that have more of a flare on the bottom like the one in the picture, rather than a tight, fitting bottom.
2. What is your maximum budget? about a 100 at the most
3. If this is for a wedding or event (i.e. a party, a birthday), when IS the event? This is for my birthday. We will be most likely going clubbing in downtown Chicago and it's the weekend of April 13th.
4. If this is for a gift for a person, please tell us two things they like, and conversely, two things they DON'T like. This dress will be for me. Likes- Backless dresses, Jewel Tones, Black Dislikes- Tight, bandage type dresses. Hi-Low style, Squarish/boxy style.
5. What are you looking for? Give us specifics!!! Looking for something sexy to wear at night to go out clubbing with friends. Hopefully something that is backless, I really love a nice back on a dress.
6. Please tell us if there's something you really don't like. My skin tone is olive so jewel tones suit me best and silver doesn't suit me at all.
Hope this is enough! PLEASE HELPPP! LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH."
Happy birthday, Rishibha! My 24th birthday is coming up this year as well, and being the same age as you definitely helped in my hunt. I absolutely love the original dress you picked out! I made sure every dress was in your price range and not too form-fitting! You'll notice I stuck to mostly black dresses, but I threw in a little jewel tone since you had mentioned you like that as well. Hopefully one of these will work for your birthday bash!
1. Coincidence & Chance Crepe Mesh Dot Dress ($69)
2. Courtney Crochet Shoulder Dress ($28)
3. Studly Bustier Dress ($52)
4. Angelina Strappy Dress ($46)
5. Paprika Mesh Insert Dress ($51)
6. Chiffon Cage Back Dress ($34)
7. Ace In The Hole Dress ($58)
8. Rare Dress with Ring Back Detail ($61)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
Batcave Blondie here: Being that I am born and raised in Southern California, I use the word "dude" constantly. I am a firm believer that any woman can have the best of both worlds. I love watching sports, drinking beer and busting out the occasional curse word while still maintaining my lady-like habits with a great pair of pumps, a jaw-dropping outfit, and fabulous hair. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty in a game of soccer, but I also love a great manicure! Whether you are on the hunt for a superhero sports bra or the perfect Vegas outfit, I'm your girl!
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.