Karen wrote:"Hi There, I am looking for a gorgeous gown for a black tie wedding I have to go to next month. It's hard to find something that's not so expensive. All the dresses I've been looking at are well above $1,000. Can you help me find something just a couple of hundreds? Thank you, Karen"
Hi Karen, Mitchy here to start things off. Your request caused such excitement, we had two editors call dibs on it - so you get personal shoppers from Janetor and Carlota!
Janetor: Ooooh, black tie weddings! It's always fun to do these types of Personal Shopper requests, because then I get to vicariously attend through you and pretend my wardrobe doesn't consist of toddler-mandated applesauce-stained tee shirts and yoga pants. But I digress: I've rounded up seven lovely evening gowns, all $220 or less. Hope one of these makes you feel like a princess!
1. Lauren by Ralph Lauren Long Georgette Dress ($130 on sale)
2. Max & Cleo Pleated High/Low Gown ($188)
3. Aidan Mattox Beaded Halter-Neck Gown ($138 on sale)
4. Enchanting Moment Dress ($220)
5. Aidan Mattox One-Shoulder Cinched Gown ($134 on sale)
6. Adrianna Papell Stretch Tulle Gown ($188)
7. Lauren by Ralph Lauren Sequined Draped-Back Dress ($130 on sale)
Carlota: Dearest Karen! Carlota here and I'd love to help you find the perfect dress for your black tie event. Have a great time and I hope you look stunning. XOXO
1. Tadashi Shoji Metallic One Shoulder Gown ($368)
2. BCBGMAXAZRIA Nadir Lace Gown ($313, on sale)
3 - Adrianna Papell Lace Gown ($200)
4. BCBGMAXAZRIA Inga Evening Dress ($337, on sale)
5. Amsale Printed Strapless Gown ($370)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.