May 3, 2011 8:16 AM
Shelly wrote: "Hey Outblush! My best friend got me hooked on your site a few months ago and now I can't stop checking it! I have a little dilemma of my own that I could use your help with! I will be 22 at the end of May, and as this is the first birthday that ALL of close friends will be over 21, we are going out! I am looking for a dress that will turn heads when we walk in, but in a good way! I am a size 16-18 with a 38-40D. I love dresses that hit above the knee, but nothing tight! I like to accentuate my cleavage, so something with a v-neck or something a little low cut is good! Because of my chest size, I have to be able to wear a bra or have one built into the dress! My favorite color is teal but I also love anything bright or printed(especially zebra print!). I don't want anything long or too dark in color, although a little black is just fine! I need to be able to dance and have fun all night, so nothing too fancy or that requires constant adjusting please! I am a student so please nothing over $100. I am sure you guys can find me an amazing dress that will make me look amazing! Thank you so much! Shelly :)"
Happy birthday in advance, Shelly! Janetor here: I've rounded up nine fun, funky frocks for you, all of which would work well with a convertible bra (I personally love ones by Lane Bryant). Have fun!
1. ASOS CURVE One Shoulder Waterfall Dress ($29 on sale)
2. Gap Metallic Print Dress ($80)
3. SWAK Anastasia Plus Size Wrap Dress ($40 on sale)
4. Rachel Roy The Judith Dress ($89)
5. Baby Phat Plus Size Sleeveless Printed Dress ($69)
6. Baby Phat Plus Size Cold Shoulder Studded Cutouts Ruched Dress ($69)
7. Forever21 Mixed Animal Print Dress ($25)
8. Speechless Emma Glitter Pleated Halter Dress ($64 on sale)
9. Forever21 Strapless Lace Dress ($35)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!