Apr 26, 2011 12:07 PM
Mikey wrote: "Dear Outblush; You might be surprised to be getting an email from an infant, but as you can see, I'm a pretty advanced little guy. Anyhow, I'm a handful and a half: dirty diapers, midnight feedings, the whole nine yards. Any suggestions on Mother's Day gifts for my harried, frazzled Mom, Mollie? She works as an accountant in New York City and I think she really likes this guy, James, but won't admit it. Thanks Outblush! Love, Mikey"
Mikey, you're quite possibly the most advanced, wisecracking baby we've ever met, and we're happy to help you pamper your sweet mom.
1. A Postpartum Doula ($$varies) - A labor & delivery doula works to support parents during labor, but a postpartum doula is there during those nerve-wracking first few days, weeks, or months of a baby's life. They provide advice, companionship, and often help out with housework and cooking so the new parents can enjoy their baby. If you're broke, offer your own services as a housecleaner, cook, etc.
2. It Gets Easier! . . . And Other Lies We Tell New Mothers: A Fun, Practical Guide to Becoming a Mom ($11) - This hilarious new mom guide offers advice on everything from chapped, nursed-out nipples to dealing with dirty diapers and putting the spark back in your love life. Gift it to her with #3.
3. Babysitting Gift Certificate - New moms want - nay, NEED - a little time to themselves. Offer to babysit for a few evenings or afternoons so she can have a massage, mani/pedi, or just a trip to the grocery store that doesn't involve strollers and screaming. Include #6 with this one, too.
4. Sweet Water Child - Lullabies for Getty ($1/song) - Proceeds from the sale of these sweet original lullabies, by Angela and Alex Dezen of The Damnwells, will go towards finding a cure & treatments for Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA), a degenerative nerve disease.
5. Timi and Leslie "Charlie" Diaper Bag ($102) - Finally, a diaper bag that looks like a chic purse and doesn't cost $300+! Available in six colors, it's got six interior pockets, stroller straps, an insulated bottle holder, and a change mat with a diaper & wipes pocket. She'll probably even carry it once the baby is done with diapers!
6. SpaFinder Gift Certificates ($50+) - Available in a ton of denominations and redeemable at over 5,000 spas & salons worldwide, we guarantee Mom will love having the chance to have her hair highlighted or feet massaged. Don't forget to offer to babysit (#3!) when she has her spa appointment.
7. 3floz.com's Cool Mom Picks New Mom Pampering Kit ($67) - The parenting gear experts at CMP rounded up their favorite skin care products for tired new mommies, from Dr. Hauschka Rosemary Foot Balm to Weleda Skin Food for Rough & Dry Skin, and included travel-size versions of all of them in this fab little kit.
8. iPad 2 ($499+) - Self-explanatory, really, but the new mom can download books, movies, etc to watch & read while she's feeding junior at 3am. Just don't let her get into Angry Birds, or you may never get changed again.
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.