Apr 20, 2011 11:49 AM
Mary wrote: "Dear Outblush, I love your blog! I'm in a bit of a pickle, and I know you are the best gals to help me. My dear friend, Magda, isn't a mother to a human baby, but she does love her furbaby like a child. She invited us to a get-together in her honor Mother's Day weekend, and I would feel so awkward showing up without a present. Got any suggestions? She's crazy about her dog, loves the color pink, and really, really, really (really) likes being out in the sun. Thanks bunches! Love, Mary Jensen-Stroehmann"
1. Doggie hair feathers ($15) Remember when everyone had bows in their dog's hair? That's so over. In 2011, it's all about accessorizing with hair feathers!
2. Louis Dog Pink Ribbon Dress ($47) Sure, pink dresses for dogs are everywhere. But pink dresses with attached pearl necklaces? WINNING!
3. Doggles Sunglasses ($20) Fido needs to protect his wittle doggy eyes during all those long hours in the hot sun, right?
4. Kitty (or Doggy) Wigs ($60) If you've ever thought to yourself, "Gee, I wish my pet was hairier" or "Gee, I wish my pet's hair wasn't such a lame color," then this is the product for you!
5. My First Louis Dog Carrier ($170) Purse or pet carrier? When you have to ask, that's when you know you've got a good, versatile piece.
6. Happy Trails Deluxe Pet Stroller ($135) Pets were made to walk on all fours. Except, you know, when they're tired and need to be pushed around in a stroller. It's perfect for when Pooch is acting up in the store and you need to exit in a hurry. "Mister, if you don't stop begging for Bacon Bits, we will march right out of this store and go home!"
7. Hot Doll for Dog (€149) If you're wondering, yes, this is what you think it is. Your dog craves companionship. Foster his or her (hey, female dogs do it too sometimes). . .needs. . .with a hunk of plastic in black or white.
8. Rear Gear Butt Cover ($5) Tired of looking at the exit for the poop factory? Cover it up with a Rear Gear Butt Cover! Laugh all you want, but you've got to be lightening-fast when stock is uploaded, because these babies sell out super quick. Otherwise, send her a convo to see if you can get a custom order.
9. Fabuleash ($12) Blinged-out collars are so a thing of the past. If you want to keep up with the (puppy) jet set, you've gotta have a blinged-out leash as well!
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!