May 9, 2012 9:10 AM
Yessie and Alyssa Anne were all about the YSL High-Waisted Bandeau Bikini we posted recently. But they weren't so interested in the $525 price tag. We admit. That's a whole lot to pay for two small pieces of cloth that barely cover up the goods. So we found some more options that evoke the style of this YSL original for less. If you are really crafty or know a gal who wields a mean thread and needle, pick up some buttons to stitch onto the suit for that added pop of detail.
1. TOPSHOP Red Stained Glass Print Bikini ($64)
2. Acacia Swimwear High Waisted Bottoms ($102)
3. Anthropologie Smocked Retro Bikini ($98)
4. Ocean Dreams Bandeau Top and Shirred High Waist Bottoms ($50)
5. Boardwalk Romance Two Piece ($105) Limited number left
6. Lover Scarlet Knit Bikini ($300)
7. Norma Kamali Ruched Retro Bikini ($350)
Magzilla here: When I'm not busy eating my way to the bottom of a ginger candy bag, I'm tweezing my eyebrows. I prefer the hard core body modification scene but can also appreciate a ruffle or bow when I see one. Beauty and barrels of maternity/kid crap are my specialties. When you need help finding the right shade of eyeliner to match that new shade of "I haven't slept in days" tint your skin gets after a baby or four, call on me. Loudly.
And, as always, if you've got something you love that's out of your reach, email us and we'll find you some more budget-friendly lookalikes for a future Aspire/Acquire feature!