Sep 23, 2010 5:11 AM
Do you love traveling? Do you love making money? Do you hate spending that love money on overly expensive hotels and sightseeing tours? Fear not fellow Outblushers, there is a new travel sheriff in town! Ashley, Outblush Operative, will be helping those bitten by the wanderlust bug plan their upcoming vacays in style...and on the cheap! What more could a gal ask for?
Our query today comes to us from Sandra, who said, "Hello! Let me start off by saying this is a completely fabulous idea. I suck at finding cheap places to stay and fun things to do. Anyways, my task at hand is a trade show in Vancouver. While I'm pumped that my company is paying for my plane ticket, I am not pumped to be staying at a Motel 6 equivalent. My boyfriend is flying up at the end of the week and we plan to spend the weekend doing the touristy thing. Could you please let us know of a relatively inexpensive (Under $300 for the weekend) option for hotels and also some fun things to do while in town? The company is paying for the plane ticket, but keep in mind that they are not very gracious when it comes to my salary. Thanks!! Sandra"
Sandra! Let me just say that I am incredibly jealous of your free plane ticket to a super hip location. Lucky lucky girl! Anyways I found 3 great hotels and 3 interesting things to do! I hope you have a blast, and send us a postcard!
1. Sunset Inn & Suites ($258) - This place is rocking. With free parking (major bonus!) and free wi-fi this will keep you below your budget, which is awesome since it is within walking distance of some great restaurants and bars.
2. Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver ($294) - I realize this is a chain, but I stay in Hampton Inn's whenever possible. Not only are they uniformly clean (for the most part), but with their free breakfast, wi-fi and steal worthy pillows it is totally worth it. Bear in mind that parking is $19 though. Eeek!
3. Cascadia Hotel & Suites ($290) - A good friend of mine swears by this hotel. The parking is also an additional $19, but it sits in a trendy neighborhood and boasts pretty stellar sunrise views! This should make for a wonderfully romantic morning with your lovah. Swoon!
4. Sea & Sky Highway ($FREE!) - If you're one who can't travel without a car and enjoy amazing scenery, then this is awesome. The buddy (who stays at Cascadia) brags about this ride after every trip. Apparently it is quite the even for him! With waterfalls around every bend, and flanked by the Pacific Ocean and The Cascade Mountains it is definitely worth the time.
5. Chambar Restaurant ($24 avg. price) - This place has received amazing reviews, and upon further inspection it appears their drinks are amazingly diverse and wonderful. Give it a shot! If nothing else then for the booze!!
6. Vij's Restaurant ($$) - I'm not a huge Indian food fan, but this is kind of a "legendary" place and it appears all who go to Vancouver, must try Vij's. They are ranked highly on the "super drink" scale as well, but be prepared to wait and dole out a few bucks for some cuisine that you shall indubitably remember.
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.