New Outblush Operative Stephane, aka EsotericPunk, saw our Personal Shopper: Steampunk Style for Sarah T post, and knew she had to weigh in, being a Steampunk enthusiast herself. She writes, "If you can paint your apartment in a darker tone of a rich color or an inconsistent shade of aged paper you are off to a decent start. Funky dim lighting, books, clocks, and gears are typical. Bronze and brass accents work for anything metal. Half the fun is supposed to be raiding antique stores and hacking up items to make them into something else, but these could get you off to a good start or maybe inspire you."
1. Mechanicality Magnets Made From Bicycle Gears ($9)
2. RizBerry Repurposed Glass Insulator Pendant Light with Nickel Canopy and Clear Cord
3. Restoration Hardware Season Knob ($7.50)
4. Past Passions Steampunk Desk or Mantel Clock with Barometer and Thermometer ($70)
5. Brand Mojo Interiors Vintage Industrial Factory Cart Coffee Table ($495) ($150)
6. Restoration Hardware Metal Single Switch Plates ($4.50-9.50, 7 colors)
7. Steamer Trunks Handmade metal lampshade - 'Gears' ($180)
8. Curious Customs Wooden Geometric Lantern ($35-45)
9. Restoration Hardware Ornate Pulls ($8)
10. Mi4ke Saw Blade Clock (With Bike Chain and Peddle Gear) ($45)
11. Mothrasue Set of five fairy light feather lamps vintage mason ball jars ($50)
We're good, but we can only be so many places at once. Short of cloning ourselves, what can we do to make sure we're up on the latest trends? Enlist our gal-on-the street Outblush Operatives to send us guest posts on what's hot, that's what.