Aug 27, 2009 1:45 PM
Diehard OB fans, gather 'round! Today's guest is none other than one of the web's most revered fashion blogstresses, Kristopher Dukes! We know you obsessively check out Kristopher's blog for the gorgeous (and not-so-gorgeous) stuff she's Wanting, Using, and Hating already, so it's no surprise that she's dropped by for a quick visit. Hey K, we have a list for you: Fashion Bloggers Outblush is...Aspiring to Be. Can you guess who's on it?
I've heard people talk about P90X like it was the açaí berry of fitness DVDs: a well-marketed, magic pill. Out of curiosity, I bought the P90X DVD set - hour-long videos that use muscle confusion to keep your workout from plateauing - for cheap on Craigslist, * and P90X is as magical as everyone says. Because there's no magic. You'll sweat blood and be better for it. So P90X is great. But unless you've got a pull-up bar and weights in your pad, you'll need to hit the gym with your new routine. To make this easy, I synced my P90X DVD set onto my iPhone for my personal use. Here's how you do it:
1. Buy P90X DVDs.
2. Download Handbrake software, at Handbrake.fr. It's free, and you need it to make P90X DVDs iPhone-friendly.
3. Launch Handbrake, and pop your P90X DVD into your computer.
4. Click "Source," and open your DVD's "Video" folder. Select your desktop as the destination for your movie, and name your new MP4 file whatever you like.
5. In the sidebar, click "Apple" and select the "iPod/iPhone" settings.
6. Click "Start." You're done. (Note: Handbraking takes hours and slows down your machine, so you'll probably want to do this overnight.)
That's it. With P90X on your iPhone, you can do your workout whenever, wherever in the world you want. You'll get a beach body that'll make you want to date yourself in 90 days. In fact, P90X has really revived the passion in my own relationship. With me.
*Editor's note: If you can't wait to grab a set of P90X DVDs on Craigslist, check Amazon - they have great prices on all kinds of P90X videos, both used and new.