This year, Green Monday is projected to be huge for family-run, owner-operated businesses. Some of of these are lucky enough to have actual storefronts and retail space; others exist only in the electronic wilds. So today (and every day!), step into your local bakery, hometown boutique, and resident artist's gallery to show them some love. And when you get back home, hop on the computer and check out some of the following as well!
1. GripAndWord Skeleton Key Bow Tie ($28), based in Winchendon, MA
2. The Secret Chocolatier Roasted Pecan Cherry Chocolate Bark with Sea Salt ($20), based in Charlotte, NC
3. Whitney Smith's Lotus Nesting Bowls ($325), based in San Francisco, CA
4. Hammers & Heels Hive Modular Furniture ($299), based in Oakland, CA
5. Amish Made Scooters at ReForm School ($265), based in Los Angeles, CA
6. The Amber Trench at The Blue Door Boutique ($118), based in Columbus, GA
7. The Small Object Custom Wedding Cake Topper ($150-500), based in Atlanta, GA
8. Clear Conscience Pet Pumpkin Patch Cruncherz ($10), based in Wilton, CT
9. Bare Earth's White Nile Soap ($6), based in West Palm Beach, FL
10. Bandito Design Co. Cookin' Print ($10), based in Columbus, OH
11. Local Harvest, listing farmers' markets throughout the nation
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.