Nov 30, 2010 3:32 PM
A big, stache-tacular thank you to everyone that entered our 2010 Movember Giveaway! As promised, we're posting the answers from our interview with Adam Garone (pictured above), one of the original Movember founders, but first....
Congratulations to our four winners! We've sent all four of you emails, and if we do not hear back from you by 5:00pm PST Wednesday, 12/01/2010, new winners will be chosen in your stead.
And now, without further ado, please enjoy our interview with Adam Garone (Please, if you will, imagine him responding to our questions in his cute-as-all-heck Aussie accent....):
1. What is the single most impressive Movember mustache you've ever seen? Please describe.
Bryce from the San Diego company Nuvasive. The handlebar went from his face to his neck and chest, swirling around his nipples!
2. Do YOU get regular prostate cancer screenings?
Yes as a part of my annual physical. (Here's a video of Adam going to the doc)
3. Why do you think most men are so resistant to going to the doctor and getting checkups and cancer screenings?
There seems to be the longstanding attitude of men that it's weak to go to the doctor. Other reasons are that men say they don't want to take the time, are afraid of negative results, and usually don't have a go-to doctor.
4. A woman can't grow a 'stache (sadness!), but what's the equivalent that a gal could do to show her mo-support?
Get her man to have annual physicals, support her man and his moustache growth, make a donation to him/his team, attend the galas!
5. Are you single?
Um, ahem, yes, I am.
6. Who is your mustache hero, real or fictional?
Mark Twain and Errol Flynn. Two opposite but glorious moustaches.
7. What's your favorite mustache grooming or trimming product?
A Wahl Trimmer is a necessary and easy to use tool to shape your moustache.
8. Are there plans to expand on Movember and take over other months in support of other men's issues? If so, what trend would you promote for THOSE?
No, our focus is to get men to change their look for one month - Movember. Our hope is that the month of November will become as globally well-known for men's issues as October is for breast cancer.
9. What's your best mustache rash cure for the significant others of Movember participants unused to kissing a mustachioed man?
Vaseline and almond oil! (Almond oil stimulates moustache growth!)
10. What are your opinions on vajazzling
We say no to bedazzling privates. Sounds like a health risk, and a rough mustache ride.
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.