Jun 6, 2013 10:15 AM
Pamela writes, "Thank you for all you do, Outblush! Now here's a hard one: father/daughter Father's Day gifts! This particular combo is a 3 yr old and a rather conservative (lawyer) 35 yr old dad but I'd like ideas for, oh, the next 10 years of Father's Day gifts for them!"
Hey, Pamela! I've put together a few gift ideas you can use through the years. Put any of these alongside a homemade card or drawing and Dad's heart is sure to melt!
1. Dad's Book of Awesome Projects ($13) This book is full of projects he can do for and with his daughter.
2. A Song of Ice and Fire Book Set ($21) Send him on an epic reading adventure. It'll give him something to obsess over when he's not concentrating on cases at work!
3. Filson Original Briefcase ($225) This bag is a winning combo of manly and modern.
4. Vader's Little Princess ($9) A definite must have to help beef up the dad and daughter bedtime book collection.
5. OtterBox iPhone 4/4S Defender Series Case ($50) Protect his phone from little hands.
6. Nest Learning Thermostat ($250) This easy-to-control thermostat seems to be on every dad's wish list.
7. Custom Double-Old Fashioned Glasses ($50, set of 4) I bet both the job and the three-year-old make him yearn for an end-of-the-day cocktail sometimes!
8. Dad Decorative Sign ($15) This sweet sign will spiffy up his office, especially if it's hanging above the next item...
9. Canvas Gallery Wraps ($70-100) What dad wouldn't want to see his smiling daughter's face hanging on the wall?
10. Daddy is my Hero Keychain ($15) and Personalized Handwriting Keychain ($48) Start with Daddy is My Hero and move to the personalized keychain when she learns to write.
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
Layla here: At a strapping 5'2", I've got plenty of tricks up my sleeve for fellow petite girls who need to look fashion fabulous. Plus, I make all of my beauty purchases online just so I can get free trial size samples in the mail. If you're not sure about a product, chances are I've tried it! I'd be glad to recommend my favs. I also have a knack for men's apparel and gifts, especially geek guy gifts, thanks to the expertise of my own gadget-inclined guy.