Jenn wrote: "Hello, I am going to Paris on my honeymoon in May and would like to find a cute and chic rain jacket or anarak to wear. The average weather in Paris in the month of May calls for rainy days about 40% of the time, and I don't want to be the frumpy American in an ugly poncho. What do you recommend (besides an umbrella)?
Oh là là, Jenn, you lucky girl! Just like the song says, Paris is lovely in the springtime - but it can also be very wet. Fortunately, there are a lot of great tailored raincoats out there at the moment. I picked a mix of colored and printed options for you, but several of the options shown are also available in classic Parisian black. Pick up a cute umbrella when you get there, and think of us while you're strolling cobblestone streets with your new spouse! Actually, don't, that would be weird. Just have fun, okay?
1. Victoria's Secret Double-breasted Raincoat ($75 on clearance, in two colors)
2. DKNY Cropped Trench Raincoat ($100, in two colors)
3. Ellen Tracy Packable Rain Jacket ($60 on clearance)
4. Betsey Johnson Hooded Jacket with Ruffle ($150)
5. Vince Camuto Double Breasted Raincoat ($89 on sale, in two colors)
6. Yumi Rain Dots Keep Falling Raincoat ($130)
7. Daughters of the Liberation Itinerant Anorak ($128)
8. Merona Water Repellent Classic Trench Coat ($35 on sale)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
Janetor here: I may spend my days wearing yoga pants and t-shirts, chasing a frenetic toddler and 2 cats, but I dearly love fashion, and finding amazing pieces for a steal. Ping me if you're seeking out formal wear, plus-size fashions, or beauty products - or if you just want to discuss the latest season of Downton Abbey or Doctor Who over a pitcher of sangria and some nachos.
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.